When you think of Oregon, you probably think of hot springs, hiking and BEER! This blog is going to point you in the right direction for things to do and where you can find Ghostfish in the Beaver State and Rose City. Downtown Portland is full of eclectic shops, very PNW cafes and quite a few parks. Make sure to spend some time in the iconic Powell’s City of Books and stock up on Ghostfish for your hotel room at the Whole Foods Market just right down the street. If fine art is your scene, the Portland Art Museum is for you. Their permanent collection is incredible and they have a unique selection of visiting exhibitions.
The Lan Su Chinese Garden is a beautiful oasis in downtown and totally worth a visit. After you’ve worked up an appetite from walking downtown, swing by either Andina, an upscale Peruvian spot or Imperial, an American restaurant showcasing local ingredients. Both restaurants feature our brews! If residential/city planning is of interest to you, head to south east Portland and take a walk or drive around Ladd’s Addition. It is Portland’s oldest planned residential development and one of the oldest in the western United States. Then be sure to hit up The Beer Mongers, a cozy beer bar on the southwest edge of Ladd’s Addition. If you’re hanging out on E Burnside St swing by The Eastburn Public House for some Ghostfish and a good time.
You can’t go to Oregon and not think about hiking, depending on the time of year. Luckily there are plenty of options for Ghostfish no matter which direction you head out of Portland, just remember to leave no trace and pack out what you pack in. Use our Beer Finder App to see which is closest to your hike or hotel.
If hiking is a bit too outdoorsy for you check out Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge. Just a few short miles from the center of Oregon’s largest city. The honking of geese replaces the honking of cars. A refuge and special place for both animals and humans.
Oregon Fun Facts
- Hells Canyon is the deepest river gorge in the United States.
- At 1949 feet deep, Crater Lake is the deepest lake in the United States.
- The Oregon state flag has a beaver on the back. It is the only US state flag with a different image on the reverse side.
- The University of Oregon mascot is the Ducks. Go Ducks!
- Oregon has the most ghost towns of any state. Booooooo!
- It is the only state to have an official state nut, the hazelnut.
- Portland is known as the City of Roses. (The nickname grew in popularity after the exposition, where Mayor Harry Lane suggested that the city needed a “festival of roses.”)
- The Oregon Trail went from Independence, Missouri to Oregon City. It was 2,000 miles long and was used by people to travel west during the 1800s.
- No one knows for sure what the word Oregon means. It was used by the local American Indians to refer to the river.
Ghostfish being available in Oregon is all because of our distributing partners at Columbia Distributing and Bigfoot Beverages. Checkout the list of retailers in the area that carry Ghostfish below!
- Whole Food Markets (Most Locations)
- New Season Markets (Most Locations)
- Natural Grocers (Most Locations)
- Capitol Hwy Grocery & Deli
- Duke’s Public House
- Barbur Foods
- Johns Market Off
- Beer Store Milwaukie
- Food Front Cooperative Grocery
- Fosters Market and Deli
- Milwaukie Bowl
- Market of Choice
- The Westgate Bourbon Bar & Taphouse
- Arch Bridge Taphouse
- Pizza Roma
- Wildfin American Grill
- Growlers Hawthorne
- The Eastburn
- Hawthorne Fish House
- Horse Brass
- Belmont Station On
- Plus many more!
Use the Ghostfish Beer Finder App to find what’s closest to you!